About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1659 East Court St.
Marion, North Carolina, 28752
WestRock has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant at our facility in Marion, NC. The WestRock Marion facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the operations department team here in Marion.
How you will impact WestRock:
Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Observes, receives and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
Makes travel arrangements and processes reimbursements for management.
Conducts research, compiles data and prepares documents for presentation by managers.
Manages and maintain General Manager’s schedule.
Provides other assistance to the General Manager as requested.
Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
Willing to work flexible hours, if necessary.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent organizational skills to include follow-up and accountability.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in computer applications to include Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to navigate other software applications.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to easily adapt to fluctuations in business cycles and workload.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Use scanners, printers and other peripherals associated with graphic arts.
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize work load and multi-task to meet established deadlines while maintaining a positive, team-oriented approach.
Attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.