Office Manager-Bookkeeper Hillside, IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking an Office Manager-Bookkeeper to work with our team at the RTS Packaging plant in Hillside, IL.
How you will impact WestRock (Responsibilities):
· Prepare/review billing from bill of ladings and send to divisional office for invoicing
· Review and approve all purchase requisitions in JDE
· Calculate daily production
· Track, review and submit changes related to new hires and personnel including benefits
· Maintain absentee calendar, employee absences and track vacations (both hourly and salaried)
· Prepare/review weekly payroll – forward to corporate office for finalizing
· Prepare and post journal entries in JDE
· Prepare and balance all reports for month end close and submit to divisional
· Prepare quarterly end reports for divisional
· Compile and maintain employee records
· Prepare correspondence, including employee reprimands for supervisors
· Assist with benefits and HR requirements for union hourly
· Maintain records for record retention and disposal
· Assist with capital and fixed assets projects or other project implementation as needed
· Work with GM on annual budget
What you need to succeed:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in administration or office management required
- Must have strong bookkeeping/accounting experience
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree a plus
- 3+ years of Human Resources knowledge and administration experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have good people and communication skills
- Strong MS Office experience require, especially with Excel. Excel used on daily basis
- Ability to learn and work with multiple software packages as needed. Experience with JDEdwards and PeopleSoft a plus.
What we offer:
At WestRock, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider WestRock as your employer of choice.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vet
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.